Tailored sessions and classes
Most people who come to the Centre have physiotherapy and find it very beneficial so come and join us! Our friendly physiotherapy team specialises in working with people with MS, ensuring the sessions are right for you. We offer a range of tailored sessions for people with MS including:
- One to one sessions with a member of the physiotherapy team
- Weekly group classes are offered both in-person and online and are suitable for a range of abilities with both seated and standing classes available
- Specialist six-week short courses, including for fatigue management, strengthening and falls prevention run across the year
- Specialist equipment to support treatment including LiteGait treadmill, balance master and standing frames
- Specialist pain treatment through APS (Action Potential Stimulation)
- Assessment and trial of Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) for foot drop
What happens when you sign up for physiotherapy?
- After an introductory tour of the Centre, or after you request physiotherapy if you are already attending the Centre, you will be placed on a waiting list (currently 6 – 8 weeks but may vary).
- A physiotherapist will contact you to arrange a time for you to visit the Centre for a Physiotherapy Assessment.
- You will have a one-to-one assessment with one of our specialist physiotherapists. This will usually take up to an hour and gives you the opportunity to discuss your symptoms, any questions or concerns you may have and what you want to achieve.
- Your physiotherapist will then draw up a personalised plan for you.
- The physiotherapist will discuss ongoing treatments suitable for you and any classes they recommend.
- You continue your exercise programme.
- Our physiotherapy team will monitor your progress and will continue to provide advice and help.
Physiotherapy can help with
The physio team are amazing because they understand MS challenges and provide the help and support in a highly positive way.Member feedback
How much does it cost?
As one of our core therapies, we offer physiotherapy free of charge. Donations are encouraged from those who can afford to contribute toward the running of the charity.
How to sign up
If you would like to find out more about physiotherapy, please complete the form below or give us a call on 0118 901 6000.